For a tasty way to enjoy the health benefits of Brussels sprouts, try this delicious lime Brussels sprouts recipe. Fresh, home-cooked meals are highly recommended by ayurveda as a means of promoting health and longevity.
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon Vata Churna
- ¼ cup fresh minced parsley
- Juice of 1 lime
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Wash Brussels sprouts and cut off the hard stems on the bottom. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Melt ghee in a skillet and sauté Vata Churna for 30 seconds. Stir in sprouts and coat them evenly with ghee and spices. Cover and simmer on low-medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprouts should be slightly crunchy in the middle.
- Stir in parsley, lime juice, salt and pepper and serve immediately.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.
Sign up to receive the best articles, expert tips and recipes from Mindfulness Green...
PLUS get your free guide to peace of mind: