Rhonda Byrne is the creator of the 2006 blockbuster, “The Secret”. She is a force in the ‘New Thought’ movement. Here are her core teachings for creating the life you desire:
• Your thoughts become things!
• The truth is that the universe has been answering you all of your life, but you cannot receive the answers unless you are awake.
• Be grateful for what you have now. As you begin to think about all the things in your life you are grateful for, you will be amazed at the never ending thoughts that come back to you of more things to be grateful for. You have to make a start, and then the law of attraction will receive those grateful thoughts and give you more just like them.
• There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. Every single circumstances of your life can change!
• There is a truth deep down inside of you that has been waiting for you to discover it, and that truth is this: you deserve all good things life has to offer.
Here she quotes Jack Canfield:
“A lot of people feel like they’re victims in life, and they’ll often point to past events, perhaps growing up with an abusive parent or in a dysfunctional family. Most psychologists believe that about 85 percent of families are dysfunctional, so all of a sudden you’re not so unique. My parents were alcoholics. My dad abused me. My mother divorced him when I was six…I mean, that’s almost everybody’s story in some form or not. The real question is, what are you going to do now? What do you choose now? Because you can either keep focusing on that, or you can focus on what you want. And when people start focusing on what they want, what they don’t want falls away, and what they want expands, and the other part disappears.”
“Your power is in your thoughts, so stay awake. In other words, remember to remember.”
Here she quotes Henry Ford:
“Whenever you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.”
“When you want to attract something into your life, make sure your actions don’t contradict your desires. Think about what you have asked for, and make sure that your actions are mirroring what you expect to receive, and that they’re not contradicting what you‘ve asked for. Act as if you are receiving it. Do exactly what you would do if you were receiving it today, and take actions in your life to reflect that powerful expectation. Make room to receive your desires, and as you do, you are sending out that powerful signal of expectation."
“Remember that your thoughts are the primary cause of everything.”
"If you are feeling good, it is because you are thinking good thoughts.”
"Instead of focusing on the world's problems, give your attention and energy to trust, love, abundance, education and peace.”
Sign up to receive the best articles, expert tips and recipes from Mindfulness Green...
PLUS get your free guide to peace of mind: