Robin Sharma is the best-selling author of The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, the semi-autobiographical story of a man who experiences a near death experience that moved him from being a lawyer to becoming a personal development and leadership master, melding spiritual and worldly teachings.
His 5 main tenants for a fulfilled life are:
1) Master Your Mind by replacing negative thoughts and emotions with positive ones using mindfulness
2) Follow Your Purpose and live a life of meaning. Set goals based in expanding spiritual and personal purpose
3) Practice what you fear and what supports you including solitude, physicality, live nourishment, abundant knowledge, personal reflection, early awakening, music, the mantras, congruent character, and simplicity.
4) Live with Discipline, using courage to overcome fear
5) Respect Your Time through simplicity and focus
Here are some of his most famous quotes:
“The purpose of life is the life of purpose”
“Never overlook the power of simplicity”
“Give out what you most want to come back.”
“Your "I can" is more important than your IQ.”
“We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.”
“Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality.”
“You can’t make someone feel good about themselves until you feel good about
“I’ve learned that everything happens for a reason,” the yogi Krishnan told him. “Every event has a why and all adversity teaches us a lesson... Never regret your past. Accept it as the teacher that it is.”
“The smallest of actions is always better than the noblest of intentions.”
“Dreamers are mocked as impractical. The truth is they are the most practical, as their innovations lead to progress and a better way of life for all of us.”
“Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle and best at the end.”
“What the society thinks is of no interest to me. All that's important is how I see myself. I know who I am. I know the value of my work.”
“Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you.”
Sign up to receive the best articles, expert tips and recipes from Mindfulness Green...
PLUS get your free guide to peace of mind: