We practice Mindfulness to return to the present. Being present, like most other things in life, is a practice. We have to work at it, or we will continue to fall into our well-worn patterns of distraction and worry. Here are 10 Mindfulness practices that can change your life:
1) Look within and know your Self. Realize your authentic self, your true presence, and realize that the created self, your roles, beliefs, relationships, possessions, looks, and your outward search are not the sources of true happiness.
2) Joy, abundance, and well-being are the nature of the essential self. When you are fully aware of your authentic self, these qualities naturally manifest in your life fully. The purpose of your life is to know your authentic self and express that uniquely in the world.
3) All problems, lack, and limitations can be traced back to un-felt, un-resolved, dense emotional content; dissonant vibrational impressions within you. These impressions of fear, sadness, anger, guilt, shame, and unworthiness obscure the experience of the essential self.
4) Becoming aware of these impressions and feeling them, shifting into a higher vibration by creating a regular practice of experiencing presence and silence, and surrounding yourself with high vibrational people, places, and things can allow these impressions to shift to a higher vibrational frequency and flow out. This is true self-care and self-love. This is the foundation for moving from unworthiness and fear to love.
5) Be mindful of whatever you are doing; important things and routine things. This takes you from habitual, unconscious living to conscious living. This allows you to be in the present moment. When you become aware you are in the past or future, bring yourself back to the present moment. Only in the present is real creativity, joy, peace, connection, transformation, and expansion available.
6) Resistance = suffering. If you feel yourself grasping for something you desire or pushing away something you don’t like, stop, look, feel and allow. This process helps end reactivity, releases the emotional content so it can flow, brings awareness, and creates enough spaciousness for appropriate responses.
7) That which triggers you liberates you because it is bringing awareness to what needs attention and what needs to be felt within yourself. When you are triggered or feel bad know this is a gift and a call from within for you to stop, look, feel, and allow.
8) Surrender and acceptance are a foundation for peace and freedom within. The natural evolution of life is enhanced when life and energy are in flow, supported by your understanding that everything that happens is the highest power bringing you all that is perfect for your complete realization. Accept what is.
9) Be grateful because vibrationally gratitude is sending love to someone or something and by doing that, your essential nature as love is experienced and activated within you, flows out into the world, and returns to you, creating a vibrationally high frequency circle of love that you then live in.
10) Forgive yourself and others. This has to occur vibrationally to be real. Just saying or thinking it isn’t enough. The basis of forgiveness is the awareness that everything is perfect and happens for your evolution. Everyone is being and acting the way you need for your evolution. It is all a blessing.
Sign up to receive the best articles, expert tips and recipes from Mindfulness Green...
PLUS get your free guide to peace of mind: