According Maharishi Ayurveda, the heart is the seat of ojas — and ojas is the substance that maintains life and promotes bliss and longevity. Cardio Support helps protect your heart by increasing ojas and improving your resistance to emotional and physical stress. But it also provides targeted nutrition for normal and clear arterial walls, by boosting digestion and supporting balanced fat metabolism. Finally, it nourishes the blood, muscles and functioning of the heart, to help keep your heart healthy as you age. An authentic ayurvedic formulation of herbs, Cardio Support will especially help people who smoke, are overweight, eat a fatty diet, or have irregular sleep patterns or daily routines.
A high-pressure lifestyle, fast-food diet and sedentary habits can put you at risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD). The United States of America has one of the highest cardiovascular disease rates in the world, with over 56 million affected. Yet research shows that you can prevent heart disease. Atherosclerosis is caused in part by elevated levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. Keeping a regular routine, eating heart-healthy foods, exercising regularly and reducing stress will increase ojas and improve heart health.
An authentic herbal formula like Cardio Support protects your heart in six critical areas:
- Promotes ojas; supports immunity
- Enhances the mind-body coordination; strengthens digestion and the emotions
- Nourishes the heart muscles
- Nourishes the tissues, shrotas (channels) and valves by supporting balanced fat metabolism
- Promotes healthy blood quality
- Supports normal cardiac function
Ayurvedic Tips for Heart Health
Remember: Happiness is divine medicine for your heart.
- Avoid spending excessive amounts of time watching TV, performing mental work or working late at night.
- Get deep sleep each night. Early to bed and early to rise.
- Follow an organic vegetarian diet for heart health.
- Eat organic, fresh foods. Avoid rich foods that are high in fat.
- Eat in a settled, quiet atmosphere.
- Eat home-cooked meals as much as possible. Avoid fast-food restaurants.
- Avoid coffee and carbonated beverages. Caffeine may increase your blood pressure.
- Make sure you get enough exercise every day. According to Maharishi Ayurveda, exercise increases heart strength, depletes excess fat and brings a feeling of lightness to the body.
- Create a home environment that is pleasing and restful to the senses.
- Avoid emotional confrontations. Nurture your heart with love and affection.
- Avoid anger, pressured work habits, and worrying. Use mild rather than pungent spices in your food.
- If you're under stress, practice the Transcendental Meditation® program, which has been proven in more than 600 scientific studies to reduce stress and related diseases such as hypertension, atherosclerosis and stroke.
- If you are under pressure, feeling nervous and anxious, give yourself an ayurvedic oil massage (abhyanga) regularly.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.
Sign up to receive the best articles, expert tips and recipes from Mindfulness Green...
PLUS get your free guide to peace of mind: